Wednesday 16 June 2010

Gentleman's Third?

Never, ever, think 'Oh I seem to be catching up with things [or Things]'. Because then comes the stern dictat that we must blog about everything, and we mustn't say 'Done that'.
Oh here we go, Crail hasn't done her English homework and is in detention again 'In Henry IV Part II, the linguistic construction of hegemonistic praxis functions as the conceptual frame for the discourse of power. Discuss, with examples. In French.'
Right, haven't blogged about Thing 2. Have done it, because the instructions made it easy. NOW I have to try to construct one myself, unpicking XML, not 'hit this button'. Bit of fun. Watch this space. Well, don't, and don't hold your breath.
Thing 4. What the heck do I say? OF COURSE I've done it or Miss Crail wouldn't be listed up there. And yes, I have read and responded to other blogs, a great and naughty pleasure when thanks to Thing 8, I now have to revise all the subject headings for all 45,019,237 books in the Crail Empire [possibly a slight exaggeration], the sun is actually shining, and the Kings College May Ball looks as if it has DODGEMS. I'd just poured myself a gin and tonic too, from the library art installation 'Hommage a Huysmans', and lit a Passing Cloud.
Other Cam23ers' blogs are fantastic, funny, erudite, thought-provoking, and Sarah's YouTube compilation makes us all look clever. I know some people have complained about the lack of flexibility of the templates, but as someone who has wasted months sweating over the design of webpages, and then resorted to templates in despair, I can only say, that even the least design-savvy of us can knock up something reasonable, so thanks for that.
There, done it, will that do?

3 comments:

  1. Chill out, Miss Crail! Your blog posts are a delight - acerbity combined with acuity. Suspect at this rate you'll make Head Girl ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I'm developing an obsession with Miss Crail. I think I want to be her. Your blog is simply marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thingblogging, darling, you most definitely DON'T want to be Miss Crail. Sciatica, WRULD [oh for god's sake, what was wrong with RSI?] from two-finger typing blogs, memory loss, housemaid's knee. Fortunately not tennis elbow though.
    And there's one bonus. As that very naughty purveyor of The Passion & The Fury [http://esclib.wordpress.com/] said - as you get older, you don't care what you say any more. Didn't really want to be head girl, but prefect would be nice. Heh! Heh!

    ReplyDelete