Tuesday 3 August 2010

Fifty years in Akademgorodok

Well this is flipping embarrassing.

I've spent the last 5 years working in 2 different libraries, bedecked with memory sticks, different versions of docs on different computers, and all the time there was Google Documents. Never mind the sharing aspect, I needed this to share with moi. Not for the first time, I wish I was '...an invererate tinkerer' like Girl in the Moon. I'd have weasled around in 'more' at the top of the Google page, and ... God, I'm so ashamed.

Cam23 has been great for highlighting useful tools like this one, or Google calendar. In one way it is making some of us feel a bit more competent, but also there's been quite a lot of 'How could I have been so bloody stupid?' As far as I'm concerned, I mean. Have been playing with it just for the fun of the time delay in typing, so that text appears as it used to do many many years ago when the football results were shown on teevee. If I was using something non-personal to interact with users, I'd be tempted to use Wallwisher and ask them to add comments. Can't honestly see how in my circumstances Google Docs could be used for marketing though ...

Oh, no, duck! Here comes the inevitable piece of chalk hurtling me-wards. 'Crail! You're not thinking outside the box! A week's detention to help you see the light'.

No comments:

Post a Comment