Tuesday 3 August 2010

I think I'm in love

This is awful. I think I am in love with Zotero, and I've only been stepping out with Mendeley for 10 months.
I am usually quite good at breaking things but I cannot find anything wrong with Zotero. But come on, there has to be a catch.
Cut and paste the ISBN, DOI and the ref appears! That is bordering on sorcery.
Please will someone enlighten me, tell me it makes Word explode or whatever, before I go skipping off into the sunset and do something silly.

2 comments:

  1. I've not managed to make Zotero do anything silly, but I haven't tried very hard. My only gripe (as you know) is that it's not always dead simple to get at Firefox (over-zealous IT depts, I'm looking at you). Shall we book you a train up to Gretna Green?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, as this is only Crail's third marriage, I think Katie Price's wedding planner needs to be involved here. We're not doing hole-in-the-wall yet.
    Just spent a happy Saturday evening dropping refs in. If that's not love, then it has to be deeply sad.
    But Girl-in-the-Moon, you always - how can I put this? - probe pretty deeply, so if you haven't found a problem, at least for basic use, we should be OK, Zotero and me [I can't help visualising Juan Sheet from the TV ads, must be all those Zorro connections people have made...]

    ReplyDelete