Wednesday 2 June 2010

Thing 1

Well, we like iGoogle, obviously, since when bored we can change the image behind the search box. Although very annoyingly most images seem to be random and not the right configuration for the space and to accommodate the search box. OK the middle of the image is 'lost' but can designers not cope with that?
But at Christmas you can have twinkling lights, and at Halloween all sorts of fun. iGoogle is also a necessity for that 'to do' list and for mainlining to Wikipedia, something we hypocritically tell students not to do [or use Google for that matter.....]

Anyway, I'll show you mine [boring at the moment] if you show me yours.


Well I've added a bit more stuff now, and have even reluctantly ditched Jimi [why doesn't Pete Burns get a theme?] and I like it much more now, all brooding and grey


Since we like cool and clean, and not bombardment, NetVibes offended our delicate sensibilities a little, and we quickly closed the page and went for a lie-down. Returning later, was eminently shocked to find the little bugger already has us pegged and went straight back in, having the temerity to tell us what we want [...well, fair do's, it was a demo]. But - darling, sod off, let ME decide. Attack of the vapours. Couldn't face doing a compare and contrast screenshot, because that would involve too much chopping, even with all the tags, though god knows we felt like doing a bit of chopping. PageFlakes was kinder, soothing us back to sanity, presenting a vision of order. But fear of the unknown interjected : one has stuck with iGoogle for years, why change? Naughty, lazy, not entering into the spirit of things, but true. And why does one have to CHOOSE? Can't I have both? Probably clever people can, but Miss Crail is a 'click on this button and it will work' kind of person. But to illustrate how dopey Miss Crail is...Working in 2 departments and at home, it had never occurred to actually have just one page with tabs. I had 3! So now I have 1 and can leave messages to myself at home to bring tea bags to work on Monday &c. Gosh, the things you learn! But I have got to stop fiddling and faffing [As The Passion and The Fury so aptly puts it] with things............

1 comment:

  1. OMG. Mildred Pierce. I could hardly believe my eyes.
    Christine I'd be glad to be your buddy if you're still looking for someone. Though I can't promise to be exclusive - having already agreed to buddy up with several others - why haven't they called???

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete